RSS

26 May 2008

Assassination is the new "you're fired."

What the hell is the matter with these people? Former Moonie Times Bureau Chief, Liz Trotter, on FOX "News":
TROTTA: And now we have what some are reading as a suggestion that somebody knock off Osama — Obama. Well, both, if we could. (giggles)

HOST: Talk about how you really feel.
Bwa-HA! You here all week, Lizzie?

Impressive two-fer when you think about it: The always witty Osama/Obama "oopsie" followed by a little hitlist equivalence humor. It's ok, though, because Trotter is really, really sorry. Really.
"I am so sorry about what happened yesterday. In a lame attempt at humor I really just fell all over myself in making it appear that I wished Barack Obama harm or any other candidate for that matter. I sincerely regret it and apologize to anybody I've offended. It's a very colorful political season and many of us are making mistakes and saying things we wish we hadn't said."
Um, Liz, "many of you" aren't making jokes--lame or otherwise--about seeing presidential candidates killed. You're a media veteran on a national newsbroadcast for god's sake. Stop acting as if you are some neophyte who just got caught up in your moment on the teevee. And, while you're at it, for once, I'd just like to see someone own what they said without any "if I offended," "anyone I offended," weaseling. Admit that you WERE offensive and be done with it.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...