RSS

02 April 2010

A simple "no" wouldn't suffice?

Red State's resident ranting rectum, Erick Erickson, continues to show why he's such an incredible addition to CNN's "Best Political Team." 
 
"I'm not filling out this form. I dare them to try and come throw me in jail. I dare them to. Pull out my wife's shotgun and see how that little ACS twerp likes being scared at the door."  -- on being asked to participate in the Census' supplemental American Community Survey
 
But we're not advocating violence, heavens no.  We just like talking about it.
 
Constantly.
 
And for the slightest provocation.
 
These are the things I think back on when people try to excuse the current torrent of violent rhetoric spewing forth from the right wing with dismissive talk of being able to find "extreme statements" on both sides.
 
It's a questionnaire for god's sake.  Who thinks it's A.) reasonable, or B.) funny to fantasize about pulling a shotgun on someone over such a thing?  I know CNN is hurting for ratings, but is it worth pandering to the beady-eyed, gun-clutching masses who think crap like this is sensible?
 
What's next, a designated Hutaree correspondent?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...